Cleaning your new home before moving day
Moving home can be a stressful time for all involved whether you’re a four-person family or a young couple which is why you will want as many hints and tips to ensure it runs seamlessly in both the build up and on the big day.
Whenever it comes to moving the first thing you will do after packing is to assess the mess you are surrounded with and begin to take notes of the areas that will need to be cleaned. It is very rare that many of us will move ten minutes down the road, so unfortunately having the opportunity to look through how clean your new home will be before your removals van arrives is highly unlikely which often means cleaning around things, which can take that little bit more patience.
However with Roworth Cleaning, our professional domestic cleaners can be booked in advance for those large one-off cleaning tasks as soon as you get the keys so you can plan your cleaning once you have access. This means that you won’t have to worry about moving into a mess and can focus less on the chores and more on the excitement that moving day brings.
There are many areas to consider when it comes to cleaning and we hope with our handy guide you will realise just how much pressure is alleviated by hiring professional cleaners like Roworth.
The Kitchen is one of the rooms in the house that you really want to be clean, mainly because you cook in it and because when you move into a new home the previous owners will have cooked and prepared in the kitchen also.
Most of us hate a dirty kitchen and most of us hate cleaning a kitchen as it is likely we will find a variety of surprises awaiting us and how much worse will it be when it is someone else’s mess?
- Appliances - such as ovens and refrigerators are generally where a heavy duty cleaner will be needed to remove all elements of dirt. If you have a fitted oven and refrigerator we will be able to tackle such removals. We not only employ professional staff but also have a variety of cleaning tools which can be used for specialist cleans. We will also ensure that each appliance is cleaned thoroughly removing grills, fridge drawers and shelves if needed to ensure they are sparkling when you arrive to put your produce away or cook it.
- Cupboards, drawers and counters - Whether your new cabinets are painted or lined depends on the type of cleaning they require and can involve everything from using soapy water and a sponge through to mild detergents and bleach. Counters can also collect a lot of debris which has built up over time – these are not particularly nice to clean, especially when the dirt is not your own. We will take over this necessity for you so that the counters are good enough to eat your food off as soon as you arrive.
- Sink - Sinks can cause unnecessary odours to build up when they have been used for prolonged periods of time. This can often be the sign of poor hygiene and considering this is the area you will be using to keep the cutlery and tableware you eat off, you will want to ensure that this area smells nice and is unsoiled.
From the bath through to the taps on the sink you will want to ensure that from your first use in your new home that you come out of your bathroom feeling cleaner than you went in. Often when we move into a new home thoughts of the previous owners come to mind which is why you will want all signs of them scrubbed away to ensure that you can put your mark on your new bathroom suite.
- Bathroom suite - Often cleaning the suite can be an arduous and grubby task. After you have moved in it is likely you will want to scrub away the sweat of heavy lifting without having to worry about getting dirtier beforehand. We have extensive experience with a range of bathroom suite materials from enamel through to plastic and our cleaners will be able to assess each suite individually and know the right products to use.
- Shower - Limescale and rust can build up over time and these can be a pain to get rid of. Even if you are considering getting a new bathroom suite in your new home eventually you will want to ensure that it still looks tidy when you move in. We can remove these.
These tend to be an afterthought but upon moving having the walls of your new home cleaned can often make a difference to space and brightness. Unless your previous owners painted the interiors before they left the likelihood is that they will need to be cleaned, this can be quite a large and tedious job considering how many walls there are in a house but we can work to remove fingerprints, dust around light switches and sticky areas which may have had things attached. The idea is that any stubborn stains we will work hard to eliminate along with creepy cobwebs, dust in hard to reach areas and potential mould build ups.
Carpet, tiles and laminate flooring – all areas that we can clean. We offer steam cleaning on carpets prior to your moving or a thorough vacuum depending on your preferences. This can work particularly well if your previous owners had pets as cat or dog hair will have likely built up over time. This will help protect against possible fleas – helpful if you have family pets of your own.
For wood floors, faux wood and laminate flooring we can use everything from mild soaps and detergents through to steam mops to ensure that they look as good as new upon your arrival – just make sure you take your shoes off when you arrive!
The most important thing to consider when cleaning your new home is that this is the opportunity to clean the parts that you more than likely won’t consider cleaning for a long time, these include:
- Vents and fans
- Lofts and cellars
- Disposal units
- Disposal units
At Roworth cleaning we can make your moving day less stressful with our professional cleaning services in Nottingham. We currently have clients all over Nottingham and employ fully vetted, insured and experienced staff to ensure that your home is sparkling once you arrive.
Whether you want a one-off clean or a weekly service we can fit your requirements.
Contact us today for a quotation.